Tuesday, May 20, 2014

{ Living Room Paint }

The living room FINALLY has painted walls.


I was a little skeptical at first when I was cutting it in because it was a lot darker than I was thinking I wanted to go for this room but now that it's been on the walls for a couple days I am really starting to like it.

The color is one shade darker than the kitchen and the thing that I really like about it is that it appears to be a different color at different times of day. The photo above was taken at night and it looks like a dark gray in this light. In the day time it looks more green-ish gray. Sometimes it looks dark beige too. I really like the changes of the color. So as I show you a few of these pics you will see that the color appears very different in some of them. 




My sister and I painted the trim around the window in the living room and the trim around the front door was just done recently too. 


We had red resin paper covering the floor and pulled that all up last week so we could have Michael, owner of Woodsman flooring come and do one more coat of polyurethane.


Before I show you a few pictures of the floors, I have to say, when we pulled up the resin paper we had attached it with painters tape that was the cheap white tape and it did NOT come up nicely. We crawled around on our hands and knees and had to use WD40 to get it off. 



We've used a lot of painters tape over the last 8 months of renovation and I have to recommend that if you need to use painters tape do NOT use the cheap stuff. The white or the blue tape both stick horribly. The blue tape pealed up the paint and some of the drywall around my upper cabinets. NOT COOL.The green pricey stuff works the best. I've never had a problem with it pealing off paint, or sticking to anything. Just my opinion and from experience I wanted to share my thoughts with you. 

Back to the floors...They are shining beautifully!



We had to let it sit for a couple days but now the floors are all ready to have furniture moved in. That will be happening very slowly over this week. We are really excited to be getting into our house. It will make working on things a lot easier to be able to lay the kids down for naps or bedtime and work. I cant even describe how amazing it will be to be all together again for a dinner around our table. 


No comments:

Post a Comment